CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jimmie Loats Jr. 6 Point, 137 (2 Bucks in one season, NO WAY!)

Jimmie Loats Jr. 6 Point, 137

I know, it is hard to believe myself! I actually got two bucks in one season, heck I was happy with the 5 point a couple of weeks ago, but this one just begged for it a little too much!

Sitting at 137 for the first time in probably 2.5 years, enjoying the morning view like you have to at 137, I saw two spikes already and around 8 AM this guy starts RUNNING FULL BLAST from around 112 (which is the next ridge over) coming right down the gas line. I just looked with my binoculars because I usually won't shoot at a running deer, and this one was at 500 yards, so there was no way. Well he kept running closer and closer, and I was just watching, then at about 250 yards I saw the 4 on one side and actually thought he was a 7-8 point. He came through the field in the bottom and I put up the gun and started whistling and he just kept coming! Finally he got so close, he ran right by me, I threw the gun out the back window and as yelled "HEY!!!!" just about as loud as I could. He stopped for 1 second, and that was it, the new T/C 7 Mag handled the rest! A 600 Yard run just to get shot out the back window at 45 yards! He ended up only have a fork on the other side making him a 6 point, but I'll take him anyway!! 3 deer in one year is pretty much unheard of by me, but we are gonna eat good this year!!!!

A special thanks to Britt and Chris Lemley who came out and loaded him up for me a couple of hours later because my back was messed up! Thank you Fellas!

0 comments: