CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

The FIRST Loats FAMILY HUNT!!!!!!

Jimmie Jr., Melissa, and Jimmie III (LJ) Loats

OK, I HAVE to do a posting about the BEST HUNT OF MY LIFE SO FAR!
On December, 27 2008, my wife (Melissa), my son (Jimmie III/LJ), and myself (Jimmie Jr.) went on the first Loats Family Hunt EVER!!!! My son is only 2.5 years old and the hunt lasted all of about 30 minutes, but it was a great one.

We went to 98 (about 75 yards behind my camper) and ran off a couple of turkeys, Mommy and I saw 1, but LJ was too busy looking at all the wonderful things in the woods to mess with to be bothered with looking for wildlife. Man I love this kid, he really reminded me of all the great things in the woods that we step over to go look for deer every time we go into the woods. I guess it is safe to say he even taught/reminded me of a few things!

The hunt didn't last long, once Jimmie got in the house, looked through the "noculars" as he calls them, he was ready to go back to camp and play with Jim Evans' grandkids! He tried to pick up every stick and point out every leaf and tree to me on the way. We went down to the field and looked at some turkey tracks but didn't get to see any deer tracks due to all the rain, I GUESS THAT WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR NEXT TIME!

So it is official, my son can now say for the rest of his life that his first hunting trip was when he was 2 years old in 2008 and it happened at Fur & Feather Hunting Club. And it may not mean much to him for the next 15 years, but it sure meant the world to me. Having my wife there with me only made the entire experience better (Her first time as well). Thank You to both of you for sharing this WONDERFUL experience with an old fart like me!

0 comments: